Vikidia currently has 3,142 articles. Improve it!
Join Vikidia: create your account now and improve it!
Euro (sign: €) is a currency used by 19 countries of the European Union, which form the Eurozone, as well as 6 other countries in Europe. It was first used in 1999 as a replacement of some local European currencies. It is divided into 100 cents. Since 2018, tickets of 500 € are no longer produced to fight against organized crime.
Members of the Eurozone:
- Members on 1 January 1999 : Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain
- Joined on 1 January 2001 : Greece
- Joined on 1 January 2007 : Slovenia
- Joined on 1 January 2008 : Cyprus, Malta
- Joined on 1 January 2009 : Slovakia
- Joined on 1 January 2011 : Estonia
- Joined on 1 January 2014 : Latvia
- Joined on 1 January 2015 : Lithuania
In addition, the euro is used in the following countries that are not members of the European Union:
References[edit | edit source]
|Society Portal — All articles about society, culture, and languages !|