Vikidia currently has 3,459 articles. Improve it!
Join Vikidia: create your account now and improve it!
Symphony No. 6 (Beethoven)
The Symphony No. 6 in F major was composed by Ludwig van Beethoven in 1808. It is also known as the "Pastoral" Symphony. The symphony was first performed in Vienna, Austria, at the Theater an der Wien on 22 December 1808. It has been frequently recorded. A performance of the symphony lasts about 40 minutes. There are five movements:
- Awakening of cheerful feelings upon arrival in the country: Allegro ma non troppo
- Scene at the brook: Andante molto mosso
- Happy gathering of country folk: Allegro
- Thunderstorm; Storm: Allegro
- Shepherds' song; cheerful and thankful feelings after the storm: Allegretto
Video selection[edit | edit source]
|Music Portal — All articles about music|