Vikidia currently has 4,381 articles. Improve it!
Join Vikidia: create your account now and improve it!
A school is a place where children learn with help of teachers.
In many countries, children have to go to school for at least 10 years or more (e.g. from 6 to 16 years old) and additional possibilities often exist for younger old and older children. When the children have acquired a certain level of knowledge, they may get a certificate that allows them to pursue further studies or learning a specific profession.
There are many different school systems, usually organized at the level of countries (e.g. in France) or states (e.g. in Germany). Some international systems also exist, such as the European schools.
Grades[edit | edit source]
Elementary School[edit | edit source]
- Pre-K (Also spelled as Pre-Kindergarten): Kids go to preschool or elementary school and they have a lot of rest and recess to easily learn the very basics in the grade.
- Kindergarten: Kids go to elementary school and start reviewing Pre-k stuff and do a little harder things. They get a lot of recess and get rest.
- 1st grade (Also spelled first grade): Kids begin learning decent level stuff and review from the younger grades. Some vital stuff in life learning such as basic Math and Reading.
- 2nd grade (Also spelled second grade): Kids start to learn medium level things that might be vital to life and review some topics from first grade.
- 3rd grade (Also spelled as third grade): Kids start learning more difficult topics, most of the time new subjects are taught in this grade such as History and Science.
- 4th grade (Also spelled as fourth grade): Kids learn more difficult things in the subjects in third grade.
- 5th grade (Also spelled as fifth grade): Kids start understanding the internet more and programs like D. A. R. E. are introduced to them for their safety. Topics in fourth grade have now more advanced parts of them and some new stuff is introduced.
|Society Portal — All articles about society, culture, and languages !|