Vikidia currently has 4,035 articles. Improve it!
Join Vikidia: create your account now and improve it!
Vikidia:Talk/2022/04/Request for Comment on inactive admins
Warning: this page is protected! Don’t try to edit.
Only administrators can edit this page.
THIS VOTE IS CLOSED. YOU CANNOT MODIFY THIS PAGE.
Request for comment on inactive administrators
Good evening. I'd like to post this as a request for comment on the inactive administrators currently still listed at this Vikidia. Out of our current administrator list, we have 4 inactive users: Comedia, CRH, Fraf and Plyd. Fraf has not edited here for 6 years, CRH for 3 years, Plyd for just over 2 years and Comedia for just over 1 year. All of these users still hold the administrator right, despite not having carried out any administrative edits here for a long time: the last was a block imposed by Comedia in about 2016.
What I would like to ask the community is this: do you think, given the length of time that it has been since they have done any administrative work, that they should still hold posts as administrators here? If we don't have a local policy on the withdrawal of rights, we generally use the English Wikipedia as a guideline of what we should do and how we should do it: normally there, they would undertake a request for de-adminship.
In the case of inactivity, the minimum inactive time period is 1 year. In the event that administrator rights are removed for inactivity, they can be recovered at any time (up to 5 years) upon request.
My question to the users and members of Vikidia is this: do you feel that administrators who do not use their administrative rights for a long time, should have them removed?
To vote on this, simply sign your name in the yes section if you agree, the no section if you disagree, or the neutral section if you can't decide. You can also ask question if you wish.
You should sign like this: # ~~~~ and only one person should sign on each line.
This request will close on: February 3rd 2022, at 11:09PM GMT, 7 days after it was posted.
Do you feel that administrators who do not use their rights for a long time (at least a year), should have those rights removed?
- Hello. On WPfr and VDfr we leave the statuses and when the users aren't present since 1 year, they lose the status. So for me this measure is acceptable. On the other hand, Plyd is normally sysadmin, so I don't know if it's good to remove his status. — Rome2 Discussion, 23:40, 26 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support There are requests for confirmation of rights e.g. administrator. I completely agree that their administrator rights should be removed, because after at least two years, they lose some experience. Adnan Bla? 10:36, 27 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support. Long-inactive users retaining Administrator status gives a distorted view of the present dynamics on this project. Deborahjay (talk) 12:48, 27 January 2022 (UTC)
- Support Idem. CaesarAugustus (talk) 18:45, 28 January 2022 (UTC)
Questions about the proposal
- Rome2: Linedwell is also sysadmin. Adnan Bla? 10:53, 27 January 2022 (UTC)
- Yes he is, Adnan:; he has the administrator right too, but he's never used it here from what I can see, and was never listed on the administrator list as one. I think it's to do with his other jobs. He has admin rights on most Vikidia I think. DaneGeld (talk) 11:40, 27 January 2022 (UTC)
Vote closed (with apologies for the delay). The total votes cast was 4, all of which were in favour of the proposal to remove administrator rights from the inactive users mentioned. Therefore, the proposal is passed. A message will be passed to the bureaucrats to have this proposal actioned. Thank you all for voting.