Vikidia currently has 2,418 articles. Improve it!
Join Vikidia: create your account now and improve it!
New logos for Vikidia (global)[edit | edit source]
Hi. It seems this logo is really outdated, so I was proposing to change it. All logos below were submitted to the Vikidia Board.
- I will be honest with you, I don't like any of them. For someone with colour blindness issues, they are difficult to read and the letters do not make themselves very clear when written in such a way. I prefer our current logo, which I might add, is the same as that of the French Vikidia. We all have different logos. DaneGeld (talk) 11:01, 20 March 2019 (UTC):
- I do not really like. It's a bit old. Magasin3 (talk) 11:36, 20 March 2019 (UTC)
- Magasin3: What do you mean by "a bit old"? and which one? Keep in mind that "it" is a singular pronoun. — Tintle · 16:30, 20 March 2019 (UTC)
Admin abuse[edit | edit source]
Hello. I want to complain about DaneGeld because he's an abusive admin for the following reasons:
- Keeps saying "You have a history of blocks on es.vikidia stretching back 4 years, including for vandalism." Wiki7 with 'no reason because I did nothing bad here. I was never blocked due to vandalism on es.vikidia. Anyway, he can vote against my request for permission, but that doesn't mean he can lie. and . As you can see, I was unfairly blocked in es.vikidia once by
- Rollback abuse. Here, I just updated the list of admins. Comedia, CRH and Rome2 are currently inactive in English Vikidia. was created by Dorami using proxies and sockpuppets, has no links and he protected it to prevent editions.
Instead of making an edit war with me, he must work reverting vandalism, protecting articles, deleting articles, blocking users, editing interface, etc. If community wants him to remain an admin, I can do nothing against it but respecting your decision. You've just been warned about his bad actions.
- Right, Tintle:, since you have accused me of administrative abuse, I feel it only right that I should defend myself. It is not your role here to change anything to do with the administrators - if anything like that needs doing, you tell an administrator.
- In relation to your block log at the Spanish Vikidia -
- You were blocked by Linedwell on 13th March 2016 for 1 day for Vandalism.
- You were blocked by Comedia on 16th March 2016 for a period of 1 month. This was for removing content / blanking other talk pages, you were told then "The game is over."
- You were blocked for entering into an edit war with Dorami-Doraemon on 24th of June 2016. Initially for 2 hours, that was changed to a week after "no improvements". However, you were unblocked after apologising for your behaviour on IRC.
- Your block log at es.vikidia also reveals that you were indefinitely blocked by Comedia in 2016, which was not lifted until 2018 by Linedwell - this was for block evasion. Your initial block for that was only 3 months, imposed on 4th July 2016, which was an extension of the 1 month block imposed on 2nd July 2016.
- Let me be very clear. I am doing the job I was given here. Administering the wiki. I am not in an edit war with you. I have been reverting things which you should not be editing. If you believe my actions are bad, that is entirely your right. We will leave it to the community to decide, but I am quite capable of reading Spanish as I went through your block log at es.vikidia, before I opposed your request for permissions.
- So, community members, it's your call - do you think that what I have done here, warrants the removal of my administrative permissions?
- I never was a vandal on es.vikidia.
- Never blanked talk pages.
- Comedia's block was because of edit war with a former admin (got the permission removed). Why was the edit war? I just added the template for speedy deletion in non-existant user pages (created by a sockpuppet). They were (not exactly) like "Melisa guarra" or "Simon franchute nazi". It's obviously vandalism. Solymar just reverted me, like you did unfairly in Vikidia:Requests/General which is a troll page...
- ...created by Dorami using proxies (see this page). Dorami also created many sockpuppets using a proxy with my ip range in Spanish Vikidia and in English Vikidia.
- When Dorami accepted it, Linedwell unblocked me (february 2018). Dorami isn't blocked right now for that reason, he was blocked because of other sockpuppets (although he says they aren't his sockpuppets).
- What did I do in es.vikidia with and without my permissions? See this (in Spanish).
Said that, I can't change your vote. I am just complaining your bad attitude as an administrator here in en.vikidia. I request you politely to delete that troll page. — Tintle · 20:17, 20 March 2019 (UTC)
- I don’t see any abuse of the sysop tools here. What I see however Tintle: is that you probably took that oppose vote the wrong way. CastelRune (talk) 21:41, 20 March 2019 (UTC)
- Tintle: - First, thank you for linking me to the page in the Club @ es.vikidia. Noting that you were unblocked for the edit war after Dorami's confession of what occurred, I apologise to you for using that against you.
- Second, I only went by the block log at es.vikidia for the accusation of Vandalism, since there was a block there for it from Linedwell. I do not know if you challenged it, but you probably should have done!
- Third, the page which you say is a troll page, Vikidia:Requests/General, may have been edited by Dorami as a troll, but it wasn't originally created for that purpose. It's an internal redirect to the page for requests to administrators. As such, I don't think it should be deleted, so respectfully, I will unlock it, but ask a different admin to make the decision on whether to remove it or not.
- And lastly, your entry at es.vikidia, Tintle/logros, is a little too advanced for my Spanish, so I'll do it through Google and get back to you.
The worst wiki ever made!![edit | edit source]
RationalWiki serosly theyre skepticist leftwing crybabies that hate white Christian heterosexuality and believe they are the masters of the truth xD check it out Catholic-Latvija (talk) 18:44, 21 March 2019 (UTC)
- With respect, this section is for discussing this wiki, not others. I appreciate your opinion, but it's not relevant to this site. DaneGeld (talk) 18:48, 21 March 2019 (UTC)