Vikidia currently has 2,416 articles. Improve it!
Join Vikidia: create your account now and improve it!
Lots of users with .icledro in their names. School project?[edit | edit source]
Hi. I'm trying to find out about a lot of users who are writing articles here. They all seem to be Italian and with the same ending to their usernames. Does anyone know if this is a school project? If so, who is coordinating it? I'm asking because simply, if these are students learning English by writing here, I don't know if I'm allowed to correct their articles, or if I should wait until their project is finished. They may be sockpuppets of each other, I have no idea. Any thoughts? DaneGeld (talk) 19:20, 15 May 2018 (CEST)
- Hi DaneGeld:, yes, this is a school project from Italy. I don't know every details myself, yet if they haven't stipulated anything otherwise, you are welcome to check and correct these articles and I guess they will be grateful for this! If they would prefer to reserve the articles until their project is finished, they can tell it and then we may follow their will if an article is not brought to a standstill for too long. Thanks! Astirmays (talk) 22:53, 15 May 2018 (CEST)
- Hi. I think student project is directed by one of the account creators.
Sexual education on Vikidia. What gives?[edit | edit source]
OK, I'm going to post something now which is bound to cause some controversy, but it must be done. I want to ask why Vikidia is having problems writing articles on sex education. There. I said it. Sex. It seems to be a nasty word on here. We had an article on Masturbation deleted, because it was "not suitable" for a kid's encyclopedia. The article we have on the Penis had one line removed which mentioned masturbation (to orgasm) by another editor because this encyclopedia is supposed to be "for 12 year olds".
I can't believe the way some people look at this subject. The Dutch version of Vikidia, Wikikids.nl has proper articles on the sex organs, masturbation, sexual intercourse... We have one line about the Penis which says you pee through it. I would ask you - how do you prefer that children learn about these things? Through parents who don't always tell them everything they need to know, or through people who will be honest with them and explain things properly?
I am going to start improving (properly) some of the articles which are related to sex. There are kids who enter puberty as young as 8 or 9 years old. Why shouldn't they know what's happening to them? :) DaneGeld (talk) 11:10, 16 May 2018 (CEST)
- I do agree with most of what you say. On masturbation, you may take example on the article in Spanish : es:Masturbación. By the way, I saw your contributions to penis, actually we don't use to write to the reader with "you" such as "As you get older". Good work! Astirmays (talk) 13:16, 16 May 2018 (CEST)
- I agree with you, children and teenager have the right to know and it's better if they learn this subject here instead width than pornographic movie. I have try to write about with subject but the community has decided it's not eligible. Magasin3 (talk) 22:03, 17 May 2018 (CEST)
- Hi Magasin3: - I take it you are the original author of the article on masturbation which got deleted. If you want to give some suggestions about what we should do, drop by to my talk page and we'll discuss. I've got the article restored and I'm rewriting it based on the article on the Spanish Vikidia, as Astirmays suggested. It's at User:DaneGeld/Masturbation. It's still in preparation and not ready yet, so it's a bit disorganised, but it's worth you checking out and letting me know what you think. DaneGeld (talk) 23:38, 17 May 2018 (CEST)
- Hello ! No i'm not original creator of this page, but when this article has proposed to be delete, I have try to "correct"(taking into the remarks) for allow the article to be preserved.Unfortunately, the deletion decision was voted. Magasin3 (talk) 21:29, 18 May 2018 (CEST)