Vikidia currently has 3,679 articles. Improve it!
Join Vikidia: create your account now and improve it!
This is a policy or guideline on en.Vikidia.
This should not be looked as a sanction. Blocking is also used to prevent damage, harassment or disruption to Vikidia.
he/she should be warned, and if he continues, do not hesitate to block him/her. Blocking is not a provocation and so should not be used!
When to block?[edit | edit source]
- Vandalism (Bad, harmful changes made to Vikidia)
- Constantly writing graffiti, nonsenses
- Constantly copying content from other pages
- Multiple accounts
- Personal attacks (insults, harsh speech ...)
- Unaccepted username
- Edits of bots by human labor (edits by unmarked bot)
- Creating offensive pages
- Threats (including threats outside the Vikidia project)
- Constant advertising
- Persistent copyright infringement
- Constantly creating blank pages
- Signing on the articles
This title is not complete, these are the most common reasons of blocks.
When not to block?[edit | edit source]
Administrators, be careful because the user may have had good intentions!!!
- When it comes to blocking, administrators need to be firmly convinced that the user had bad intentions. Administrators should not block a user if they are unsure if the user wants to help.
- Administrators should alert and notify the user or talk to them about situation.
- Blocking is not a punishment or sanction, it is a warning to the user. Blocking should not be long enough to discourage users from editing after end of the block.
- Again, adminis must be firmly convinced that the user had bad or good intentions!
- BLOCKING IN ORDER TO GET SOME ADVANTAGE IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN!!!
This title is not complete.