Vikidia currently has 3,142 articles. Improve it!
Join Vikidia: create your account now and improve it!
Two countries might agree to stop a war, or declare war on a common enemy, or allow each other's citizens or merchandise to cross borders freely. Treaties are usually used to settle disputes. The European Union is set up by treaties between most of the European nations.
Famous treaties[edit | edit source]
- 1494 - Treaty of Tordesillas
- 1783 - Treaty of Versailles (1783)
- 1814 - Congress of Vienna
- 1840 - Treaty of Waitangi
- 1919 - Treaty of Versailles
- 1928 - Kellogg-Briand Pact
- 1935 - Roerich Pact
- 1938 - Munich Agreement
- 1944 - Bretton Woods Agreement
- 1945 - UN Charter
- 1947 - General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade
- 1949 - North Atlantic Treaty
- 1955 - Warsaw Pact
- 1957 - Treaty of Rome
- 1968 - Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty
- 1989 - Convention on the Rights of the Child
- 1992 - Treaty of Maastricht
Other pages[edit | edit source]
|Politics Portal — All articles about politics and politicians !|