Vikidia currently has 3,075 articles. Improve it!
Join Vikidia: create your account now and improve it!
Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World were remarkable constructions of the ancient world. These structures were determined to be "wonders" by tourists and travel guides published during the Hellenistic Age. Of the original wonders, only the Great Pyramid of Giza survives.
The Seven Wonders by age are:
- Great Pyramid of Giza (Giza pyramid complex) (2584–2561 BC)
- Hanging Gardens of Babylon (circa 600 BC (evident))
- Temple of Artemis at Ephesus (circa 550 BC; and again at 323 BC)
- Statue of Zeus at Olympia (466–456 BC (Temple); 435 BC (Statue))
- Mausoleum at Halicarnassus (351 BC)
- Colossus of Rhodes (292–280 BC)
- Lighthouse of Alexandria (circa 280 BC)
|Ancient Greece Portal — All articles about Ancient Greece|