Vikidia currently has 3,175 articles. Improve it!
Join Vikidia: create your account now and improve it!
Philip Pullman is a children and adults novelist. He was born in England in 1946.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Philip Pullman is best known for his fantasy novels. He studied at Oxford University, after working as a teacher at the age of 25. His family moved many times during his childhood and settled for some years in Rhodesia. On the long journeys dictated by his father's various jobs, he entertained his youger brother with his fantasy tales. After his father died in a plane crash, Philip was sent back to England to live with his grandparents.
Books[edit | edit source]
- -The wawted storm in 1972
- - Galated in 1976
- - His dark materials (trilogy)
- - The good man Jesus (biography)
- In the 1980's ans 90's Pullman began writing titles for children has:
- - Count Karlestein
- - Deman Huntsan in 1982
- Pullman's Sally Lookhart detective stories, set in victorian London, was published between 1985 and 1994
Philip Pullman signing a copy of Lyra's Oxford for a reader, Margaret Maitland, at the Oxford Literary Festival.