Vikidia currently has 3,137 articles. Improve it!
Join Vikidia: create your account now and improve it!
Luxor Hotel Vegas
Luxor Hotel Vegas is a hotel and casino on the Las Vegas Strip in Paradise, Nevada. The hotel has 30 stories. It is owned and operated by MGM Resorts International. It has a 120,000 square foot casino, and over 2,000 slot machines and 87 table games.
During the renovation in 2009, the hotel was modernized. It was give a newer design. The hotel has 4,400 rooms, and also 442 suites. All the rooms line the inside walls of a pyramid style tower. Twin 22-story ziggurat towers were built as later additions.
The hotel is named after the city of Luxor (ancient Thebes) in Egypt. Luxor is the second largest hotel in Las Vegas. The largest is the MGM Grand). It is also the eighth largest in the world. As of 2010, the Luxor has a 4 Key rating from the Green Key Eco-Rating Program, which test hotel operations.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- MGM Resorts International (2010). "Luxor Las Vegas Fact Sheet - press kit". Luxor.com. http://www.luxor.com/press_room/press_room_releases_template.aspx?ID=100. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- Caine, Rachel (2003). "The Best Game in Town". Texas Monthly: 73. http://business.highbeam.com/410545/article-1G1-75309601/best-game-town. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- "Luxor casino: 30-story pyramid". Chicago Sun-Times. 26 April 1992. http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-4107334.html. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- "Checking In: The World's 10 Largest Hotels & Resorts". Footwear News 65: 97. 2009. http://www.wwd.com/footwear-news/checking-in-the-worlds-10-largest-hotels-resorts-2222312. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- Vartan, Starre (25 August 2010). "Bellagio, MGM Grand, other hotels earn high ratings from Green Key". Forbes. http://www.forbes.com/2010/08/25/las-vegas-mgm-technology-greenkey.html. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
Other websites[edit | edit source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Luxor hotel (Las Vegas)|
|Society Portal — All articles about society, culture, and languages !|