Vikidia currently has 4,256 articles. Improve it!
Join Vikidia: create your account now and improve it!
The Human body is the physical part of a human person. In an adult, it consists of a skeleton made up of 206 bones, attached to which are 639 muscles. The human body contains 100 organs and has approximately 5 to 8 litres (10.5 to 16.8 pints) of blood, which circulates around the body through every part, thanks to the heart and a network of veins, arteries and capillaries.
The body consists of many different systems, all of which have different functions in keeping a person alive:
- The Nervous system (Brain, Nerves): The control system for the body;
- The Circulatory system (Blood vessels, Heart): This system circulates blood through the body;
- The Respiratory system (Lungs, Diaphragm): The oxygen delivery system;
- The Reproductive system (Genitals, Ovaries and Testicles): Parts of the process for creating new life;
- The Digestive system (Stomach, Liver, Intestines): This system turns food and drink into energy and chemicals needed to live, and also deals with the removal of solid waste (Feces) via the Rectum;
- The Immune system (Spleen, Tonsils, Lymph glands): The system for defense and protection of the body;
- The Endocrine system (Pancreas, Thyroid gland): This system deals with production and distribution of Hormones;
- The Urinary system (Bladder, Kidneys): This system removes waste liquid (Urine) from your body.
To preserve the human body, it is necessary to eat healthy foods and drink plenty of water.
This foods are:
- Fruits:They have important vitamins which gives nutrients to the body.Some of those fruits are oranges,grapes,watermelon etc.
- Meat : Meat gives us carbohydrates which are forms of fat and oil.
- Fish : This food supplies our brains with omega 3, which is especially good for the elderly.
- Fats: The body needs fat too keeps us warm in the winter.
|Human body Portal — All articles about the Human body|
|Biology Portal — All articles about biology.|