Vikidia currently has 3,135 articles. Improve it!
Join Vikidia: create your account now and improve it!
From Vikidia, the encyclopedia for 8 to 13-year-old children that everybody can make better
Cloning is a process used by science to create an identical copy of an individual from a somatic cell.
Cloning of a sheep[edit | edit source]
- From a sheep extracted ovum;
- Ovule takes off the nucleus with DNA;
- It fetches a cell from the mammary gland of another sheep, different from the first;
- Since this cell is extracted the nucleus, whose DNA contains the entire genetic heritage;
- The core of mammary cell is entered into the ovule;
- The egg is implanted in the uterus of a host sheep and it develops the embryo;
- After pregnancy a sheep born with a genetic identical to that of the donor sheep of the cell of the mammary gland;