Vikidia currently has 3,185 articles. Improve it!
Join Vikidia: create your account now and improve it!
Artemis Fowl is a fiction saga written in 2001 by Eoin Colfer (prononced Owen), an Irish teacher.
The saga is composed of 8 volumes:
- Artemis Fowl
- The Artic incident
- The eternity code
- The opal deception
- The lost colonly
- The time paradox
- The atlantis complex
- The last guardian
The novel was originally written in English, then Jean François Ménard (volumes 1,2,3,4,5,7,8) and Jean Esch (volume 6) have translated the novel in French.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Artemis Fowl is 12 years old. He is a young genius, he used his talent for crime. Artemis Fowl dad is missing after the sinking of Fowl Star. The Artemis dad was an important character in the crime. Artemis wants the treasure of the fairy. The treasure was hidden by the fairy. To find the treasure, Artemis must decode the book of fairy, written with the gnommish language.
Gnommish language[edit | edit source]
The Gnommish language is the language of the fairies. It is originally compared by Artemis to the Egyptian hieroglyphs. Gnommish is a mix between a symbol and alphabet letters.
Important characters[edit | edit source]
- Artemis Fowl : Young Irish, he is twelve years old
- Holly Short: Old fairy, she is eighty years old
- Domovoï Butler : The BodyGuard of Artemis Fowl
- Juliet Butler : Juliet is the Domovoï sister
- Mulch Diggums : Mulch is a Kleptomaniac Dwarf
Film-Making Adaptation[edit | edit source]
In 2003, Eoin Colfer announce the realization of the film and in 2011 the film was finished.
In 2013 Walt Disney Picture created a film with two novels.
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia, as on 09/03/2016, Artemis Fowl, https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemis_Fowl_%28roman%29
- Artemis Fowl, as on 09/03/2016, http://www.artemisfowl.co.uk/site/Home.php
- Galimard Jeunesse, as on 09/03/2016,Artemis Fowl, http://www.gallimard-jeunesse.fr/Personnages/Artemis-Fowl